I have made this dinner several times for myself and my husband; we both really enjoy it so much and I hope you like it too.
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa
- 1-pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups of baby spinach or baby kale
- 1 small onion, sliced (I slice into half-rings)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I use Frank’s); you can use an additional tablespoon if you like it spicy
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Place quinoa in small pot with two cups of water. Bring to boil, then cover, place on simmer, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cut up the onion to your preference.
- Spray a pan with Pam (or other non-stick cooking spray) and place on medium-high heat.
- Add onion to heated pan.
- Season chicken with pepper and place in heated pan. Cook chicken tenders and onion until chicken is cooked through and onion is sautéed nicely. Lower heat to low or simmer.
- In a small bowl, mix the extra virgin olive oil and hot sauce. Pour mixture over the chicken and onions and mix.
- Add to the chicken and onion mixture, the baby spinach (or baby kale) until lightly wilted.
- Place one cup of cooked quinoa on plate.
- Place four ounces of the chicken and four ounces of the onion and baby spinach on top of the quinoa on your plate.
Fat, 6.7 grams (saturated, 0.9; polyunsaturated, 2; monounsaturated, 1)
Cholesterol, 65 mg
Sodium, 278.8 mg
Potassium, 936 mg
Carbs, 41.6 grams
Fiber, 7.2 grams
Sugar, 1 gram
Protein, 35 grams
Iron, 17.2 %