A simple, cheap, and delicious lunch idea! I created this for lunch today since I have been craving a fresh tasting Mexican dish without the heavy starches and cheeses. Added Bonus: This lunch is packed with protein!
- 2 La Banderita Tostadas ($1.00 at WalMart).
- 2 tablespoons Sabra Classic Guacamole ($3.99 at King Sooper’s); one tablespoon per tostada.
- 4-ounces fresh tilapia ($7.99 a pound at King Sooper’s in the fresh seafood area); two ounces per tostada.
- Lime juice
Make Your Tilapia Tostadas:
- Set two tostadas on a plate.
- Sprinkle tilapia with cumin and pepper.
- Over med-high heat, cook tilapia until flaky (about 3 minutes per side).
- Spread one tablespoon of the guacamole on each tostada.
- Once cooked, break up the tilapia into small bite-size pieces.
- Add two ounces of the bite-size tilapia pieces to each tostada.
- Sprinkle lime juice over fish to your liking.
255 Calories, 10 grams of Fat, 19 grams of Carbs, 400 mg of Sodium, 55 mg of Cholesterol, and 26 grams of Protein.