Here is a sampling of favorite meals these past few weeks:
This is homemade guacamole (two avocados, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt). I paired the guacamole with chicken tacos (chicken breast, leafy romaine lettuce, salsa) on corn tortillas.
This is Saj. Only the best Mediterranean food ever! This is vegetarian and packed with all the good healthy fats you need to lower cholesterol or just eat healthy. I get the falafels, green beans, tabouli, and hummus with wheat Saj bread.
This is a yummy Italian Bean Soup. Another low cholesterol food, packed with fiber. Cannelli beans, tomatoes, veggie broth, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, basil, oregano. I added smoked turkey sausage too.
A great snack! Strawberries, kiwi, and a light string cheese.
Shakeology by Beachbody Vanilla. This is the only way I will eat my blueberries.
If you need a light lunch packed with protein; quinoa, salsa, black beans.
I love quinoa and salmon on my leafy greens. I use a heart healthy dressing by Litehouse; Red Wine and Olive Oil Vinaigrette.
Oh my goodness! This Chicken Green Chili soup is amazing! Low calorie, low sodium, super easy to make. I had my Healthy Chicken Empanadas and beans with my soup.
This is the most delicious dinner. I made salmon served over a bed of sauteed spinach, garlic, and red pepper flakes. On top of the salmon are garbanzo beans, tomato, and capers.
A simple, cheap, and delicious lunch idea! I created this for lunch today since I have been craving a fresh tasting Mexican dish without the heavy starches and cheeses. Added Bonus: This lunch is packed with protein!
- 2 La Banderita Tostadas ($1.00 at WalMart).
- 2 tablespoons Sabra Classic Guacamole ($3.99 at King Sooper’s); one tablespoon per tostada.
- 4-ounces fresh tilapia ($7.99 a pound at King Sooper’s in the fresh seafood area); two ounces per tostada.
- Lime juice
Make Your Tilapia Tostadas:
- Set two tostadas on a plate.
- Sprinkle tilapia with cumin and pepper.
- Over med-high heat, cook tilapia until flaky (about 3 minutes per side).
- Spread one tablespoon of the guacamole on each tostada.
- Once cooked, break up the tilapia into small bite-size pieces.
- Add two ounces of the bite-size tilapia pieces to each tostada.
- Sprinkle lime juice over fish to your liking.
255 Calories, 10 grams of Fat, 19 grams of Carbs, 400 mg of Sodium, 55 mg of Cholesterol, and 26 grams of Protein.